Change font size
It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 11:52

UFHO2

UFHO2 FAQ

200% more UFHO than its predecessor

UFHO2 FAQ

Postby TinyColossus » 12 Jul 2012, 19:39

There are probably some questions people will always ask, so we'll collect here the most pressing or frequent, together with an appropriate answer. If you want to know more, just ask!

• WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE?
    We're looking to release UFHO2 on tablets around the end of august / beginning of september (2012 of course), with the desktop version to follow shortly after.
    The date will be updated / refined as we come closer and have more details.

• CAN I TRY THE GAME BEFORE THE RELEASE?
    Only if you were a backer of the Kickstarter campaign at the beginning of 2012.
    Backers of THE FASHIONIST level will get a try of an alpha version of the game, both for the iPad through TestFlight and for PC/Mac.

• WHAT WILL BE THE BUSINESS MODEL OF THE GAME? FREE, PAID, FREEMIUM, SUBSCRIPTION?
    The game, both as an app and as a desktop installation, will be sold for a fixed price (with discounts every now and then). There will be no subscriptions or freemium plans, since we want to give all players the same experience.

Regarding in-app purchases or DLCs, there is no plan for now to do any. The game will be updated soon after release with new content, but there will not be DLCs, it will just be a normal game update.

• ANY IDEA ABOUT THE PRICE?
    Not yet. This question will be updated as soon as we know/have decided on this matter.

Got other questions?
TinyColossus
Site Admin

Re: UFHO2 FAQ

Postby Levin » 13 Jul 2012, 08:58

- Are you planning IAP contents?
- How many players can join an online match?
Levin

Postby TinyColossus » 13 Jul 2012, 13:22

Good questions, I'll update the first post with the first one.

For the second one, I guess we'll go for a 1vs1 or maybe, 4 players everyone for himself (not 2vs2). This is because, what happens if your teammate drops?
I won't say a final word on this though, I'd like to experiment with the online infrastructure before saying it's not possible.
TinyColossus
Site Admin

Postby Orillian » 14 Jul 2012, 18:51

• When you say, for tablets. Does that include an Android Tablet version come August? I have an Asus Transformer and a Nexus 7 that I'd love to play this on. :)
  • Will backers have to pay for the tablet versions? I did not see a backer level that included the tablet version.
  • Will the game be forced into the isometric 3d view or will we be able to play it in the 2D top down view as well?
  • Do you have pricing for these games on the different platforms yet?
  • Do you have plans to create other "board" layouts? For example ships that are not so uniform? Or at least boards with entire sections that are disabled?

I'm sure I'll think of more things. ;)

O.
Orillian

Postby TinyColossus » 14 Jul 2012, 20:23

Thanks for the questions! Here:

• An Android version is planned, but it won't be released as soon as the iPad one. It also all depends on how the iPad version does.
  • Yes. As of now there is no way for us to give the portable version for free to everyone, developers get some redeem codes from stores such as the App Store but they are limited in number.
    That's why only the desktop version was included as a reward.
  • Most of the time you play from the top-down view (see the screenshots topic) but you can rotate the view by dragging outside the UFHO. The view goes back to the center as soon as you release the press.
    We are planning to use either the accelerometer for this feature (although leave it as an option) or lock the view, and then you can reset it with a button.
    I don't like people to play with a skewed view, if you ask me, so we won't force it.
  • No pricing yet :?:
  • Yes, there will be different doors (or corridors) layouts and also - as you anticipated - some boards with disabled areas.
TinyColossus
Site Admin

Postby Orillian » 14 Jul 2012, 23:48

Regarding App Stores. On Android you can side load APK's without the need of a store or jailbreaking. What that essentially does is allow you to sell or distribute the APK on your own. Just a thought.

Really Glad you went with the top down view as default! :)

O.
Orillian

Return to UFHO2

User Menu

Login