Change font size
It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 03:03

UFHO2

Who remembers the first UFHO?

200% more UFHO than its predecessor

Who remembers the first UFHO?

Postby TinyColossus » 29 Jun 2012, 17:04

Many people know that we're working on a game called UFHO2, but have you ever wondered what happened to the first one?

UFHO was born on November 2007, at least on paper. I came up with the idea with a friend I was working for at the time, Alessandro Risuleo, and we started developing the game as a side project of his studio - Visual CS - which was a web agency at the time.

The first UFHO was a Flash game programmed in ActionScript 2.0 (a pain!) and was running on a server using the Smartfox Server technology. It was a multiplayer-only game and this was his main problem: people came online to play every now and then only to find no opponents to play with.
That's why one of the main goals for UFHO2 is to have a good AI to play against.

Regardless of this, UFHO was quite a success with the people who spent some time waiting for their opponent. We had quite a lot of dedicated players that were investing some time in the game every day.
After a couple of months from the official launch (which must have been around december 2007) we also organized a small home-made tournament, with prizes. The contest was won by a Polish player from Wrocław, nicknamed Jubek. We want to remember him as the best UFHO player ever.

After a year, we put offline the game because of server costs. The game wasn't in fact generating any money, so we had to cut-off the expenses and take it off the internet. As of now it's impossible to play UFHO online, although I have an offline version that still works quite ok.
TinyColossus
Site Admin

Return to UFHO2

User Menu

Login